Monday, May 19, 2008

Spring Recitals 2008

This always seems like a busy time of year with all the concerts and school programs there are to attend. Whitney just had her Spring choir concert. She had a little solo part in the program and did a really good job. Katelyn was once again the appointed cameraperson and she got a picture of Whitney at the microphone, but instead of videotaping the solo we have a video tape of Katelyn's Littlest Pet Shop animals. I guess you get what you pay for.



Whitney and Katelyn had a piano recital last week. It was pretty low key. Their teacher only has 8 students which was great because we were in and out of there in about an hour including refreshments. This was Katelyn's first recital and she was very nervous. Nervous almost to the point of being physically sick (sounds a little like her mom) anyway she did her best and we were proud of her. Whitney also did a great job.

Here's a little quick funny (or not so funny) that happened after the recital. After we got home, Katelyn told me that she had a headache so I gave her some Tylenol and sent her to bed. About 15 minutes after she went to bed she came out and said that her tummy didn't feel so good. I told her to go stand by the toilet and I would go get her a bowl. When I came back downstairs she had indeed thrown up, all over the toilet seat. I guess in the future either I need to be more clear about puking in the toilet not on it, or I should just open it myself. I found out afterwards that she had eaten 4 or 5 cookies (not small cookies) after the recital along with some carrots and cheesecake. I think that the nerves and all that food didn't agree with her. This will definitely be a story to tell her kids.

No comments: